"Kadapa ( formerly Cuddapah ) is situated in the south-central part of the Andhra Pradesh State. Located 8-km south of the Pennar River, the city is surrounded on three sides by the Nallamalai and Palkonda hills. The name Cuddapah is derived from the Telugu word 'Kadapa' ("gate"). The city is so named because it is the gateway from the north to the sacred hill-'Pagoda' of Shri Venkateswara Tirupati ."
About Kadapa District Information ,History and Culture .
Head Quarters: Kadapa
Area: 15,359 square Km
Population (2001): 25,73,481
Forest Area: 5,06,000 Hectare.
Assembly Constituencies: 11
Loksabha Constituencies: 2
Major Crops: Paddy, Ground nut, Red gram, Turmeric, Onion, Lemon and Orange
Rivers: Penna, Chitravathi, Kunderu, Papaghni, sagileru and Cheyeru.
Major Places: Kadapa, Rajampet, Proddatur, Rayachoti.
Minerals: Asbestos, Berates, Copper ore, Lead, Steatite talc, Lime stone.
Industries: Industrial Estates at Kadapa and Proddatur, India Cements and Texma coal Ltd. at Erraguntla.
The Boundaries of Kadapa district are Nellore, Anantapur and Chittoor districts in the East, West and South respectively, Kurnool and Prakasam districts in the North directions. Once this district was called as Hiranya State. This place was under the rule of Pallavas, Telugu Cholas, Vijayanagara kings and Nizam Nawabs.
The Forest area caters the Timber, as well as Rare Red Sandalwood that earns the foreign currency to the Nation is found only in this district. Wild life such as Tigers, Jaguars, etc is found in these forests. Asbestos Mining processing unit at Pulivendhula. Starting at Sunkesula Dam on Thungabadra river Kadapa-Kurnool (K.C) Canal flows through Kadapa and Kurnool districts providing water to 4000 Hectares of cultivable land. Handhri Nivas Sujala Sravanthi project and Pulivendula Canal were under construction for Irrigation. Proposals are made to construct a Reservoir on Buggavanka river at Ippapenta village. The main source of drinking water to this district is Galer-Nagari-Sujalasravanthi Canal. Handloom Industry at Madhavaram is one of the major sources of Income to this district. Educational Institutes are affiliated to Sri Venkateswara University of Tirupathi.
Accessibility: Kadapa is well connected by road and rail with other parts of the state.
Kadapa Nawabs ruled the ancient town and it still preserves some relics of its glorious past. Relics worth seeing are the two towers and the Dargahs. The town is also dotted with three churches and several Hindu temples.
Pushpagiri Peeta Devasthanam, Siddhavatam temple, vontimitta temple, Pothuluri Veerabramendra Swamy Mutt at KandhimallayaPalli, Jyotiswara temple, Sri Kanya Theertham at Jammalamadugu, Sri Aathma Rama Swamy Temple and Sri Kanyaka Parameswari Temple at Proddatur.Cuddapah city was a part of the Chola empire
from 11th -15th century. Muslims conquered it in 1565, and then the
British took control of it in the 1800. Although the town is an ancient
one, it was probably extended by Neknam Khan, the famous Qutub Shahi
commander, who called the extension "Neknamabad". It is not probable
that Nekanamabad was the name given to the whole town.
In any case it fell into disuse and the records of the 18th century
refer to the Mayana rulers not as Nawabs of Nekanamabad but the Nawabs
of Cuddapah. Except for some years in the beginning, Cuddapah was the
seat of the Mayana Nawabs in the 18th century. With the British
occupation of the tract in A.D 1800, it became the headquarters of one
of the four Subordinate Collectors under Principal Collector, Major
Boundaries and topography of the District
Geographically, the District is bounded by Kurnool District on the North
side, Chittoor on the South Side, Nellore on the East Side and
Ananthapur on the West Side i.e., the area between the 70*29'and 79*55'
eastern 30*43' and 15*14'Northern latitudes.
The District Cuddapah covered by many undulations between 259 and 3787
from the mean sea level. The total geographical area is 15,359 Sq.Kms.,
covered by 3 Revenue Divisions of 51 Mandals, 844-Gram Panchayats 965
Revenue Villages and 3543 Hamlets and 569 MPTC's.
Sri Venkateswaraswamy Temple, Devuni Kadapa The famous Venkateswara Temple features a unique idol of the Lord which has on its reverse, an image of Anjaneya. This deity as referred to as kadaparaya. Built in the Vijayanagara style of architecture,it has an impressive sculpture of the dancing Vigneswara in the Mukha Mandapam, which is much admired. In the past it was the halting place for the pilgrims proceeding to Tirupati. Its Car festival, held during January and February is a great event for the people in Cuddapah town and surrounding villages. Chand Phira Gumbadh: Situated in the middle of the town, this is the mausoleum of Syed Shah Mohammed Hussain. It is a Square building with a huge dome and is surrounded by high walls. Beautiful arabesque panels adorn the parapets of the building. Masjid-E-Azam This impressive mosque, has a Persian inscription in it, which identifies it as being built in 1691 AD during the reign of Aurangzeb. St.Mary's Cathedral An impressive building housing a statue of Mother Mary brought all the way from Italy.It can accommodate up to 2000 people at a time. Bhagawan Mahavir Archaeological Museum It is a treasure trove of ancient stone sculptures and idols, bronze icons and inscriptions dating back to several centuries.It houses priceless artifacts like a half broken foot of Buddha from 1st century A.D.,idols of Mahavir and Thirthankaras, a four headed sculpture of the 10th century A.D.,a Jain icon under nder a hood of seven snakes from the 11th century A.D., a statue of Lord Ganapathi with his feet resembling that of an elephant besides ancient stone tools, weapons and miniature paintings.
POPULAR POLY PIPES
MFG OF RIGGED PVC PIPES
FROM 1/2 TO 7 GARDEN PIPES
3/294-1.AKKAYA PALLI OPP R&B WORK SHOP HYD CHITTOR HIGHWAY RD.KADAPA.CELL;94409-15443.98493-19894
G.PULLAIAH QUALIFIED OPTOMETRISTS
AND PEN SPECIALISTS
#21/658.GOVT HOSPITAL ROAD.PALEMPAPAIAH ST.KADAPA.
IMPORTED FRAMES,CARBON FRAMES,INDIAN METAL FRAMES,
SOLUTION,RESILENSE ST MARKS AND ALL VARITIES OF KOOLING GLASES ARE AVAILABLE WITH US.
G.MUSTAF ALI KHAN CELL;93474-24431 SEKHAR OPTICALS
SEE THE WORLD THRU OUR EYES
19/246.BESIDE BALAJI COMPLEX.Madras Road.Kadapa.ph.98850-80080.243093.
1/346 RTC BUS STAND ROD.
VIJAYA LAKSHMI ENTERPRISES
BOOK SELLERS &STATIONARY
DEALERS; SURVEY&MATHEMATICAL INSTRUMENTS.KORES IN DIA LTD,
HP PRINTERS CATRIDGES,OPP GOVT GIRLS JR COLLEGE KADAPA.1.
SRI SEETHA RAMA PAPER AGENCIES
SRI GAYATHRI BINDING WORKS
LEADING WHOLESALE PAPER MERCHANTS& BOOK MANUFACTURERS
5/198.BECHA ROAD.KADAPA PH.08562-242714,RES 245198.CELL;98480-98314 SAI MAHESH GRAPHICS&XEROX
OFFSET PRINTERS&SCREEN PRINTERS
7/1097 A.VPC TOWERS.
BESIDE RG BANK.RTC BUSTAND ROAD.NGOS COLONY.KADAPA.2.PH.CELL;98491-40204
THE TRADITIONAL FANCY
*ALL INTERNATIONAL COSMETICS&HERBAL PRODUCTS
* ESPECIALLY FOR PARLOUR GOODS,HOMO FACIAL INSTRUMENTS&FASHION JEWELLERY&GIFTS ARTICLES,TOYS
DATTA SAI COMPLEX.B.K.M STREET.KADAPA.
13/512 AFZAL KHAN PLAZA.Y.V.STREET.KADAPA.PH.08562-248075.
ALL TYPES OF LEADING COSMETIC BRANDS ARE AVIALBLE WITH US.
GARNIER,LOREL,MAY BELLINE,LAKME,AYUR,FEM,AND MANY OTHERS.
PLEASE VISIT OR CALL US. SRI AMRUTHAVALLI STORES
13/598 Y.V.STREET.(BESIDE ANDHARA BOOK STALL)KADAPA.AUTHORISED DEALERS ALFA SUITCASE,GIFT ARTICLES.Y.VENKATA RAMANA
M/S STANDARD AUTOMOTIVES
Authorised Representative of
EICHER MOTORS LTD
PLOT NO.14.BESIDE SRI VIJAYA DURGA DEVI TEMPLE.
N.H # 18 KURNOOL BY PASS ROAD.KADAPA.
INGERSOLL RAND (INDIA)LTD.
20/10/73.OPP SOUJANYA NURSING HOME.R.K.COLONY.KADAPA.1.
08562-242606,242905 KRISHNA ENGINEERING ENTERPRISES
AUTHORISED DEALERS FOR KIRLOSKAR OIL ENGINES LTD.
SIDDARTHA LODGE COMPLEX
RAILWAY STN ROAD.POST BOX NO 18.KADAPA.1.CELL;98485-43916.PH.243982-SERVICE.email@example.com
HOTEL ASHOKA LODGE
SIDDARTHA LODGE A/C
3/365 RAILWAY STATION ROAD
CUDDAPAH.AP.PH.08562-224073. R.R. RESTAURANT.
ROOM NO 5.NAWAB COMPLEX.20/490 D.C.ROAD.KADAPA.1.PH.S.242825.242550.CELL;94402-19078 V.SUDHIR KUMAR PROPRIETOR